Meet: Lola. The newest member of our family. My fantabulous camera bag.
From the moment I first laid eyes on Lola, I could think of only one word: Lust.
Most people think of “lust” as a bad thing, a deadly sin. But, I’m convinced that lust is a wonderful thing; a thing we could all use more of in life. (There, I said it. Bring on the hate mail.) Sir Webster defines lust as “pleasure, delight, intense or unbridled desire, or an intense longing.” How can these be bad? But, I digress…
Granted, Lola was not cheap. But, then again, neither was her precious cargo.
She probably should have fallen in the “want” category as opposed to the “need” category. But, I couldn’t help myself. So much so that I quickly placed an order, despite Brad’s insistence that we should hold off on buying more camera goodies, hoping that I could seek forgiveness later.
Little did I know that my sweet hubby actually was trying to delay my purchase so that he could bring home Lola as a surprise. A week later, we were the proud owners of not one, but two, fantabulous camera bags. Boy, did I botch that one!
I’ve found all sorts of ways to justify ‘needing’ this bag so badly that I uncharacteristically ordered it the moment I saw it.
- Lola is red. I love red. It is, hands-down, my favorite color. I attribute this to having been a redhead for the first few years of life. Red also is the color of lust. I’m noticing a trend here…
- Lola looks fashionable even while holding my Canon 5d, my favorite lens (these days, a 24mm, 50mm or 100mm macro), and my girlie personal items.
- With Lola by my side, I am (inconspicuously) locked and loaded to photograph one of my favorite subjects: food. You see, I look crazy enough whipping out a camera and forcing people to go hungry while I take pictures of our scrumptious meals. Now, instead of wearing a camera around my neck or lugging around in an enormous padded black bag, I just look like a regular girl toting my stylish handbag into a restaurant.
- Lola is my reward for having a killer night on my bike. The same week that I rushed to place my order, I had my third of four threshold tests in my cycling class. Despite having had a ridiculously stressful workweek and very little sleep, I rallied the troops and pulled out great numbers – even more than I thought I was capable of on a good day. I’m a huge believer in creating rewards for yourself, even for life’s little accomplishments.
- Lola is the next step on my journey of growing my many hobbies into something bigger. I am working on a new website, designing logos, dreaming up more recipes, and contemplating more certifications. Stay tuned! 🙂
Convinced that you need a Lola in your life, too? Check out the masterminds at epiphan!e.