I have officially gone into bubble wrap mode.
Consider yourself warned.
As I type, my marathon is in 11 days 21 hours and 12 minutes. (I know this because the St. George website posts a timer down to the seconds. Why marathons feel the need to do this, I will never understand. If you happen to know, please explain.)
* No more hard bike rides. Ergo, I will be ‘that girl’ lollygagging around WRL at 10 mph.
* No more late-night shenanigans. I need all the extra rest I can get.
* Only one more sports massage session. And, it better count!
* No more trying new things on my runs. Except for breaking in my new kicks, of course. (I like my race sneaks to have no more than 30-50 miles.)
* No more skipping my vitamins.
* No hanging out with sick people. You know I love you, but if you cough in my direction, I will have to ask you to leave. Thanks for understanding.
You see, I need to keep all my bubbles in tact for race day, at which point I will then pop them one by one by one. . . And, if I’ve done my job right, I won’t have a single one left at the finish this time!
xoxo ~your busy little b
P.S. I realize this post would be much more entertaining with photos. Alas, human-size bubble wrap was nowhere to be found. Trust me; Brad tried. 🙂