Could someone please explain to me why this week feels like it went by a glacial pace, yet — simultaneously — the month of December feels like it is flying by?!? Someone? Anyone?
I will be the first to admit that I’ve had a terrible attitude at the office this week. The month of December is always atrocious. This is my seventh December working in a big law firm; this should not be new information. But, every year, it still surprises me.
Having gotten that off my chest, what better time to pause, acknowledge, and be thankful for the little things that made me smile this week . . .
* I started the week with 16 items on my work to-do list. By the end of the week, it had grown to 20. Before I left today, I had crossed off 10. Not too shabby.
* Our Christmas cards arrived, and I couldn’t be happier with how they turned out. You’d think I designed them myself … oh wait, I did. BIG shout-out to the lovely people at Minted who kindly accommodated all my special design requests and expedited printing! 🙂
* The Christmas cards I made for my little ‘sis also arrived from the printer. In my (clearly unbiased) opinion, they are fabulous!
* I survived a 75-person Christmas light run, where I got to show off my super-fun Santa Socks. Everyone should own a pair of red, polka-dot, knee-high socks with faux fur. Period.
* I learned Thursday night that I didn’t have to work around the clock to prepare for depositions in San Antonio starting on Monday. This was a true blessing.
* Brad and I initiated a new Friday breakfast tradition. It kept me in a good mood all day. Even though I’m still stuck in the office as I type.
And that’s all folks.
Hope you squeeze every last drop of greatness out of your weekend!