This past weekend was brimming with great firsts worth memorializing…
1. We had a housewarming party.
2. We had a party. In our house.
3. Friends and family from nearly every cross-section of our lives met one another. It was surreal.
4. I managed to feed 150+ people in our house. (With a little help from my friends, of course. Okay, with a LOT of help, especially, from my mom. What would we do without moms?!?)
5. I slept until 8:00 a.m. On a Sunday. In our new house. Without feeling guilty that I was wasting valuable ‘house work’ time.
6. I floated in our pool for over an hour without doing anything productive. Oh wait, I may have deflated an inner tube. Dang it. Almost nothing productive.
7. Brad and I sat down on a sofa. Together. For a solid two hours. And enjoyed dinner and movie in our new home.
8. I started to feel like life will be ‘normal’ again someday.
This also means that you can expect things to pick up a bit. Rest assured that I have not been resting in all the time that things have been quiet around here. Quite the opposite, in fact.
Getting a house ready for a housewarming party in a whopping 39 days after closing is a feat that, with equal conviction, I do not regret and will never do again. In the midst of all the craziness at home, I also have celebrated my niece’s first birthday, celebrated another birthday of my own, struggled to adjust to life in the ‘burbs, tried to pick my battles with work, and helped friends start new training plans, all while struggling to find a routine of my own.
As a good writer would do, I’ve written about nearly all of it. As a bad blogger would do, I have shared very little of it. Maybe we’ll catch up or maybe we’ll just move forward from here. To be honest, I’ve not decided yet. But, one thing is for sure … it’s nice to be coming back.