Inspired by Giada DeLaurentiis, Giada at Home
Want the fully story behind this dish? Click here.
- 2 oz pancetta, diced and browned (I made this with Pancetta Chimichurri sauce so I just used leftover pancetta here.)
- 2 Tbs pine nuts
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs lemon juice (appx 1 lemon)
- 1/4 small melon, peeled, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch cubes (appx 12 oz)
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh mint, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil (for easy clean-up). Place asparagus on baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil (or use Pam olive oil spray, like I always do). Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10-12 minutes. (Alternatively, you can toss them on a grill for about 2-3 minutes per side.) Set aside. Once cool, arrange on serving platter.
In medium bowl, combine lemon juice, 1Tbs olive oil, melon, and mozzarella cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Add basil and mint, and toss gently until combined.
Spoon the melon salad on top of asparagus. Sprinkle with pancetta and pine nuts. Enjoy!
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Info (per serving)
Calories — 149
Total fat — 3.2 g
Cholesterol — 14 mg
Sodium — 210 mg
Carbohydrate — 8.3 g
Dietary Fiber — 2.3 g
Sugars — 4.5 g
Protein — 7.8 g